To download a leaflet about the department please click Snowsfields leaflet
Who works here? We have a small staff of enthusiastic and experienced teachers and a Teaching Assistant who are experienced at working with students from all walks of life. We are proud of the way we personalise each young person’s learning.
When do you learn? School lessons form part of an integrated programme.
The school day usually starts at 10.00 and is finished by 3.00 but each day varies.
What is on the timetable? We work with each young person, their school, college or workplace to develop individual teaching programmes. These can cover all subjects. Specialist subject teachers are available in a broad range of subjects.
What resources do we have? We are set in a very pleasant environment. We regularly add to and update our range of resources which include:
- An attractive and well resourced room
- Extensive information and ICT equipment which includes laptops and an ininteractive whiteboard.
- A range of books, text books, DVD’s and CD Roms to support learning for all ages.
- Art materials
- Handheld personal game consols with a range of games.
- A range of activities to encourage and support interaction and sociability
- Resources for learners with special educational needs.
- Outside organisations providing drama and music.
How do we monitor our learners` progress? You will have an individual education plan which includes key targets for you to work on. These are usually a mixture of targets for learning and for helping you to feel good about yourself and getting on with other people.
We talk to other people who work with you about how you are getting on.
With your permission, we keep in very close contact with your home school or college. They provide us with work for you to do while you are with us so that you do not fall behind in your studies. You can even take y our exams and Controlled Assessments while you are here if necessary.